Riding in the mountains can be daunting, and even more so if you are not prepared with the correct clothing. Si and Matt tell are here with the essentials so you don’t get caught out.
Subscribe to GCN: http://gcn.eu/SubscribeToGCN
Get exclusive GCN gear in the GCN shop! http://gcn.eu/ec
The weather at the top of a mountain pass can be polar opposite to that at the bottom. It’s essential to be prepared and be ready for any change in circumstances when on the road.
Items that we recommend you take with you include:
– Lightweight wind/rain jacket
– Leg/Knee, arm warmers – Great for regulating your temperature
– Lightweight gloves – These can be a huge help to stop your hands from getting freezing cold when descending
– Plastic/rubber gloves – The type you get from a petrol station are super. Firstly they are free, and they can make your hands instantly waterproof/windproof, you can also put them under some lightweight gloves too. Double protection!
– Cycling Cap – Keeps you warm and can also help keep rain out of your eyes.