GCN’s own Tour De France finisher Dan Lloyd is here with 10 riders to look out for at this year’s Tour de France as well as some mind-blowing stats!
Subscribe to GCN: http://gcn.eu/SubscribeToGCN
Get exclusive GCN gear in the GCN shop! http://gcn.eu/fL
Who do you think we should look out for at this years race?
In no particular order here are 10 riders that Ex-Professional Cyclist and Tour de France finisher Dan Lloyd thinks you should keep an eye out for:
– Marcel Kittel. 9 stage wins in the 62 stages he has started.
– Mark Cavendish. 30 stage wins from 151 stages ridden.
– Andre Greipel. 11 stage wins and he has won a stage in the last 12 grand tours that he has competed in.
– Peter Sagan. 5x Green Jersey wins, 94 road stages and 7 stage wins. Finished in the top 10 on 52 stages!
– Romain Bardet. Last year’s runner up to Chris Froome
– Nairo Quintana. The Giro/Tour double dream was put to an end by Tom Dumoulin in May. This is the fourth grand tour in a row that Nairo is attempting to win.
– Richie Porte. So far shown very well in 2017, this year looks to be his best chance yet. He is currently a 6/4 favourite.
– Chris Froome. The defending champion and 3x winner of the TDF, however 2017 hasn’t shown Froome at his previous strength.
– Alejandro Valverde. A brilliant start to 2017, with 11 wins so far, 8 in world tour races! 6 top 8 overall finishes in the Tour de France
– Alberto Contador. He has won 7 grand tours and the only rider on the 2017 Tour de France startlist to have won the Giro, TDF and Vuelta.